Toll Free: 866-567-8283

San Francisco, Fresno, California Auto Insurance & Car Insurance   

Auto and Car Insurance in Fresno, California is the most utilized and important insurance you will ever have. Auto Insurance is broad and the term "full coverage" doesn't necessarily mean full coverage. At John Alsop Agency, we take the time to discuss all the various coverage options available and what limits of liability would best protect your interests in Fresno. Below are examples of what an automobile liability insurance policy in San Francisco, Fresno and rest of California may include. Here are some typical coverage items and definitions:

Fresno Car Insurance Quotes, Coverage Items & Definitions

Bodily Injury Liability (BI or AA) - Pays when you are legally liable for injury or death caused by your vehicle. Legal fees, appeal bonds and court costs may also be included. Pays up to the first limit for each person and up to the second limit, maximum, for all persons injured or killed in any accident when you are legally liable. Some Auto policies can have a "Single" limit meaning Bodily Injury and Property Damage is combined in one "Single" limit.

Property Damage Liability (PD or BB) - Pays when you are legally liable for property damage to others caused by your vehicle. In a "Single Limit" policy, this would be included in a combined limited with any Bodily Injury that you are also legally liable to pay.

Medical Payments (CC) - Pays medical, dental, hospital, and funeral expenses for you and resident relatives injured in a motor vehicle accident. Also protects you and resident relatives in other vehicles or if struck as pedestrians.

Coordinated Medical (CX) - Coverage CX is like medical payment coverage (CC) above, but only applies on a excess basis for losses that exceed the limitations of a primary medical plan and on a primary basis to expenses for elements of losses which are not covered under a primary medical plan.

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist (UM, UIM or SS) - UM/UIM pays for loss of wages, pain and suffering and other related medical expenses that you or a resident relative are legally entitled to recover because of Bodily Injury or death caused by a uninsured or underinsured motorist. This can also apply in a hit-and-run situation as long as you are able to get a license plate number and report it within 10 days. UM pays up to the first limit for any one person and, subject to the first limit for any one person, up to the second limit for all persons injured or killed in an accident. UIM pays you and resident relatives in your vehicle against damages arising out of accidents with motorist who have motor vehicle insurance with lower limits of liability coverage than those damages suffered by you. UIM Pays the difference up to the first limit for one person and, subject to the first limit for any one person, up to the second limit for all persons injured or killed in one accident.

Collision (DD)- Pays for losses to your vehicle caused by collision with another object or by upset of the vehicle. Payments are made on an "actual cash value" basis for the amount of each loss. The collision deductible applies.

Comprehensive (HH) - Pays other than collision losses to your vehicle caused by fire, theft, vandalism, hail, windstorm, riot, falling objects, flood, etc. The comprehensive deductible applies.

Rental Reimbursement (UU) - Pays rental car expenses for any covered comprehensive or collision loss. Pays a dollar amount limit per day for a specified number of days (Ex. $30 a day for up to 30 days).

Towing and Labor (JJ) (labor performed at the scene of the breakdown only such as changing in a tire) - Pays up to the policy limit for each disablement for towing your vehicle or labor costs at the place of disablement. Does NOT pay for parts or subsequent repair costs.

Replacement Cost Coverage (RC) - Optional coverage that replaces the vehicle without depreciation. (Typically covers up to 3 years on brand new vehicles purchased only)

Loan or Lease Gap Coverage - Covers the difference between the "actual cash value" of a vehicle and the loan/lease payoff when the vehicle is totaled in a covered accident. (Does not apply to any amounts that negatively affect the value of the vehicle purchased. i.e. upside down trade-ins).

Sound System Coverage (ZA) - Coverage for permanently mounted audio/video equipment. (Must have comprehensive coverage (HH) in place). Coverage amounts up to $2500.

Tape Coverage (ZZ) - Coverage for media such as DVD/CD/tapes used with your permanently mounted A/V system. (Must have ZA coverage in place)

John Alsop Insurance Agency wants to make sure you are driving safely in San Francisco and the rest of California with the highest quality California Car Insurance for you and your loved ones. If you drive an automobile in California, state law dictates that you must be financially responsible for your actions. All drivers must show their ability to pay for damages or injury to others resulting from the ownership or operation of a motor vehicle. Financial Responsibility Laws California's Compulsory Financial Responsibility Law requires every driver and owner of a motor vehicle to be financially responsible for his or her actions. The most common way drivers choose to comply with the financial responsibility requirement is by purchasing an automobile liability insurance policy from a California Car Insurance company.

If you have an accident not covered by insurance, then your license may be suspended. It is your responsibility to provide liability insurance for any vehicle you own regardless of whom is operating the vehicle. It is illegal for those vehicles to be operated without meeting the requirements of this law. Always make sure you are getting the best coverage for your insurance needs. Auto insurance can help protect you, your family and your car. California Car Insurance can help you restore your assets if they're lost or damaged. It can also help protect you in the event of a lawsuit. All of which can mean greater peace of mind for you. You will need to show your insurance card each time you renew your vehicle's registration. Proof of insurance is also required on every new vehicle the first time you register it with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). All motor vehicle insurance must be provided by a state-approved insurance carrier. In San Francisco, Fresno and the rest of California, you must provide proof of financial responsibility. California drivers are required to carry proof of liability insurance at all times in the vehicle they are driving.

  • Los Angeles Car Insurance
  • San Diego Car Insurance
  • San Francisco Car Insurance
  • Car Insurance in Orange County
Please refer to your policy for specific definitions of coverage and limitations or exclusions. Our Agency represents multiple insurance companies and all policies vary as to coverage, terms, conditions and restrictions or exclusions. We are always available to discuss specific questions you have about any of insurance products we offer. Call us today.

More Information:

Disclaimer: Insurance coverages and discounts are subject to availability and qualifications. Other terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions may apply.

We offer you the most convenient way to find the lowest car insurance, auto insurance rates in San Francisco County, Orange County, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, Fresno & all of California.


    • Affordable
    • Reliable Coverage
    • Get Insured Today!
Home Owners

    • Protect assets
    • Renters & Landlords
    • Get a quote today!

    • Business insurance
    • General Liability
    • Workers comp

    • Insurance options
    • Save money
    • Protect your family

    • Safety net
    • Valuable death benefit
    • Term policies

    • Traditional/roth IRA
    • Annuities
    • 401k
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional